Saturday, October 14, 2006

warm and ..... cloudy!

who knew, that by finishing my scarf i would unleash a day of warmth on this city? it's 19 degrees out - definitely NOT scarf weather! i couldn't believe it when i walked outside this morning. i had to take my jacket off and leave it at home! there are kids playing out in the street with shorts on and people are out in tshirts. it's fantastic - i love it. :) but....my scarf is done! yay!! isn't it great?? i love it, i really really do. weeee!



now - here's a bit of a birthday sampler for all of you who want to know what i did on my big weekend.....

no..that's not a fridge FULL of beer - it's only a few but all different kinds! how exciting. most of them are still in the fridge actually, but it was fun to photograph.
my pile of loot on the mantle...

i got so much amazing stuff - some of which i photographed because i'm a geek and you can see here. but i also got knitting needles for life - every available size in both circular and straight plus "knitting for dummies", which really isn't for dummies, it's for the rest of us just like the cover says. i've already figured a few things that i was wondering about so there you go. thanks mom and dad! and michael's is having a huge yarn sale starting tomorrow apparently so i'm taking my bday cash and heading out there to stock up on a few things. yay!

my birthday bouquet (yay for vernon!)...


us at breakfast - the waitor asked where we were visiting from - um, not all crazy people with cameras are tourists....some are just crazy people with cameras...


my new mp3 player - look how small it is! yay! it doubles as a flash drive. cool. it also makes up for the fact that i accidentally sent the last one through the washing machine - i'll have to make sure i don't do that again.....


we tried to go up signal hill for a nice view of the city/ocean at night. it was sooo cold and windy. sooo cold i didn't want to get out and so windy that i couldn't hold the camera still....


and here is perhaps one of the most exciting gifts of all.....i am the proud owner of several pairs of socks - fun socks, socks with pigs, striped socks and these ones - how warm do my legs look?? that's the look of warmth my friends, warmth indeed....


paula sent me a card, just because she loves me. the card it self simply reads "thinking of you" and there is a magnet attached. this is the one that she sent me. yup. that's right! for some reason it made her think of me....i wonder why that is?

No comments: